This Critical Path Method resource explains how to build speed, accuracy, and flexibility into construction project scheduling. The new Seventh Edition includes in-depth coverage of the industry-dominating Primavera CPM software and new example cases that bring readers up-to-date with today's construction situation.
The critical path method (CPM) of planning and scheduling is a powerful tool for engineering and construction project design and management. When it comes to applying CPM to day-to-day construction situations, this guide, known as the industry bible, is the one you'll want to have!
Written by the former vice chair of the celebrated construction management firm that renovated San Francisco's cable car system and redeveloped New York's JFK airport, and by one of America's leading construction scheduling experts, the Seventh Edition of CPM in Construction Management arms you with the critical knowledge and power to model the project and master the software for smooth handling of complex jobs.
This highly informative, practical book shows you how CPM:
- Works -- and how to make it work for you
- Serves as the analytical tool of choice for evaluation, negotiation, resolution, and/or litigation of construction claims
- Cuts costs in a one-person operation or the most complex multinational enterprise
- Helps you stay on top of every aspect of complicated projects
- Saves you big money in delay avoidance, accurate cost predictions, and claims reductions
- Multiplies the effectiveness of your instincts, experience, and knowledge
- Can be successfully implemented by properly utilizing the power of leading scheduling software products
Specifications of major engineering firms call for the project CPM to be prepared and administered in accordance with this text, which also serves as a primary resource for PSP and PMI-SP exam preparation. With case studies of major global construction projects and a "John Doe" example project that's followed throughout, this book will simplify your application of CPM.
Cut project time to the minimum. Determine which deliveries to expedite, and which may slide. Know instantly the impact of change-and how to thrive while others fail. Understand CPM's courtroom evidentiary value -- and watch disputes be amicably resolved.
This updated classic is the construction tool that makes everything around you work better, faster, and more economically. Includes a CD-Rom with Full-Function Deltek Open Plan CPM Software. A $2000-retail-value, unrestricted license to this world-class product is provided on the included CD-Rom. No limits to number of activities, time for evaluation, or usage.
With instruction on CPM and powerful software, you are ready for business now!